Johnny Weir is My Spirit Animal

Friday, February 21, 2014

When the medal count in Sochi is discussed, the glaring omission of a gold in commentating is clear. Johnny Weir has won the games. My genuine appreciation for all things Johnny extends beyond his ability to provide figure skating analysis that anybody can understand (with some serious wit to boot). Dude brought it and owned everybody when it comes to fashion. Let me break it down as to what he is doing better than most fashionistas:

- exceptional use of leather, fur and sequins
- vintage, vintage and more vintage
- the ability to whip up a gorgeous hairdo with limited length (and then rock a crown!)
- wedges for days
- he rocks a Birkin better than its namesake
- statement necklaces and overall flawless use of accessories

I mean, need I go on? Naturally, this all meant I had to recreate a Johnny look for the office and decided on recreating his vintage hot pink Chanel blazer look. Here is how I wore it:



Blazer: H&M, last season ($15)
Blouse: Gap, old 
Vegan leather jeans: H&M, this season ($34)
Heels: Talbots D'Orsay (because Johnny can deliver on accents, too), past season
Necklace: Stella and Dot Estate Bib Necklace, sold out (available on eBay)

For real, y'all should be following Johnny on Instagram. Seriously inspirational stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment