Sally Hansen Moisture Twist

Sunday, January 12, 2014

When it comes to being good at typical "girl" things, I am hit or miss. I am good at clothes. I am great at shoes. I am lucky when it comes to decorating. Hair is something that has taken years to understand. Makeup still escapes me.

This is really unfortunate as I have spent years trying. Remember the makeup tutorials in Teen and Seventeen many, many moons ago? I actually really tried to be really good at them. It's just not a girl skill that I'm good at...along with wrapping gifts and sending thank you cards. That being said, I am always game for trying new products and experimenting (actually, all of my makeup applications are experimental). I'm a total drugstore junkie. Sephora and Ulta are so not in my budget. My extreme weakness is when I see the 50 - 75% off stickers at CVS. To be honest, I have no idea why I went to CVS the other day, but all I know is the makeup section was sea of pink and green sale dot stickers! I am super excited to have made a purchase outside of my comfort zone (eye shadow and nail polish). I went for a Sally Hansen primer and color lip gloss, Moisture Twist. This is my first non-nail Sally purchase and I was really surprised by how great the product is.

Top: Berry Blend (love) Bottom: Cherry Twist

Originally $4.99, these were 75% off and were only $.49 at checkout (I suck at math and just knew they were going to be super cheap). Total score. I love gloss.  Lipstick has never been my thing. This was such a great discovery, the color is subtle, the gloss is lasting and it's not sticky! Literally, it lasts for hours between applications. For $.49, it simply can't be beat. Now, if you read my blog and know about my love for CVS coupons, you'll appreciate what I did with this bad boy...


Yep. I went back and got more. For free. Two for myself and one for a friend! This time, I bought more neutral colors that are great for daily wear. 

Top: Spun Sugar (love) Bottom: Mixed Up Mauve

I am sad that these are likely discontinued, but excited to have four to last me for a decent length of time. If you can find these, they are well worth the price, whether it be $4.99 or $.49 (or free)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment