The $5 J. Crew Pencil Skirt

Monday, July 8, 2013

If you read my pages looking for tips, you likely questioned that whole shopping via social media business I mentioned. After all, who goes on Instagram or Facebook to buy and/or sell things? Turns out, a lot of people! My first Instagram purchase was a vintage leather pencil skirt from a girl I follow on Instagram ($20). She could have kept the money and never sent the skirt, but indeed, it came in the mail (from Oklahoma), and when I wore it, I posted a picture, which she blessed with a double tap and a compliment. Since then, I've successfully bought and sold (quite a bit, actually) through social media. Just the other day, I was super excited to be the first commenter on a post for a mustard yellow pencil skirt from J. Crew (for only $5). The seller is expecting her first child and is apparently quite confident that her waist will never again see a size 2-4, because she is selling all of her clothes. I met her in a Panera Bread to exchange cash for skirt and was thrilled to get home and find that it's such a good fit. Here's how I wore it: 


Skirt: J. Crew (2011), via Facebook via Panera Bread, $5
Shirt: Old Navy, $14.97 (sale, fall 2012)
Shoes: Loft, $22 (sale, winter 2012)
Necklace: Forever 21, $4 (years ago, can't believe it hasn't fallen apart)
Earrings and bracelets: fake pearls, Wal-Mart, $5

No comments:

Post a Comment